Monday, November 14, 2016

Don't Forget to Look Up



One day satan stood in heaven before Almighty God. The LORD asked satan, "Where have you come from?" (God already knew the answer) Satan replied, "From roaming through the earth and going back and forth in it." (Job chapter 1) This is the point that many of us miss. I missed it for years. Job 1:8 says, "Then the LORD said to satan, 'Have you considered my servant Job? There is no one on earth like him; he is blameless and upright, a man who fears God and shuns evil.'"

It goes downhill for Job from there -at least in the natural- as God allowed satan access to Job in every way except satan could not kill him. He lost his cattle, his children, his home. His wife told him to curse God and die. His friends (I use that term loosely) accused him.


Job had not seen Jesus walk on water, he had not been on the mountaintop with God like Moses, he had not been delivered a child of promise like Abraham, and yet he trusted God. My favorite verse in the book convinces me that no matter what happens in life my God cares.

In Job 19:25 we read Job's statement of faith, "I know that my Redeemer lives, and that in the end he will stand upon the earth."

What a statement of faith considering that Job thought God had brought these circumstances upon him. He was not aware of the conversation between satan and God. But he knew that he knew that he knew he was in his God's hands and that was all that mattered to him. I love that.

It is the same for God's children today. It matters not who is in political power. It matters not about your economic status. It matters not that you are not known in the courts of kings. It matters only that your faith remains in God alone. He is our only security in this life. We can lose it all and have Jesus our Savior, God our Father and the Holy Spirit living within us and know that we have everything.

No matter what you might be facing today, dear friend, if you know Jesus you have everything. If you don’t know Jesus you have nothing. Seek Jesus Christ today. If you need help understanding how to ask Jesus into your heart, please message me. It would be the joy of my life to pray with you as you receive Christ. But the good thing is that you don’t need me or anyone else. Right where you are you can speak to God, confess your sin and ask Jesus into your heart. If you do that, I would love to hear from you.

Be blessed today my friends, and don’t forget to look up.

Joyce Powell

No comments:

Post a Comment