Wednesday, May 6, 2015

His Wonderful Love


Praise be to the LORD,
for He showed His wonderful
love to me…
               Psalm 31:21 NIV
 
I often wonder if I fully comprehend the wonderful love of God. I always come to the same conclusion—I do not. How can I grasp the infinite, marvelous, extraordinary, awesome, awe-inspiring, unbelievable, wondrous, wonderful love of God? It seems to me to be humanly impossible.
 
 
I take heart in knowing that I am not alone in my inability to grasp the magnitude of God’s love for me and you. Through the ages mankind has struggled to describe the indescribable.  In 1050 a man named Meir Ben Isaac Nehorai wrote a poem, and in the early 1900’s a verse of that poem was found scribbled on the wall of an insane asylum after the occupant had been carried out in death. These words from that wall were later placed in a song titled “The Love of God.”
 
This is the best description of the indescribable that I have read:  
         
            Could we with ink the ocean fill,
            And were the skies of parchment made;
            Were every stalk on earth a quill
            And every man a scribe by trade;
            To write the love of God above
            Would drain the ocean dry;
            Nor could the scroll contain the whole
            Tho’ stretched from sky to sky. 
 
Join me today, and let us praise God for His incredible wonderful love.
 

© Joyce Powell

No comments:

Post a Comment