Tuesday, August 15, 2017

God is in Control




Jesus answered, "You would have no power over
me if it were not given to you from above..."

John 19:11a

In John 19, the Bible shows Pilate handing Jesus over to be crucified after asking Him this question. "Don't you realize I have power either to free you or to crucify you?" Jesus' answer was short and direct, "You would have no power over me if it were not given to you from above."

Each time I read this my heart is filled with gratitude knowing that nothing, absolutely nothing, can come into my life unless God allows it. Why? Because I am a child of God, a follower of Christ, an heir to the Royal Kingdom. I belong to the Father. And the great news is my Father is the Creator of all that is. My Father is Eternal...from before time as we know it and after time as we know it has passed away. My Father is Sovereign. He has all authority over everything in heaven and on earth. My Father is Omnipotent; powerful beyond man's wildest imaginations. My Father is Omnipresent; wherever I am, He is. 

And besides all of that, My Father is loving, holy, good, just, merciful, patient, faithful, and so much more.

Therefore, I can be at peace during chaos, at rest amid turmoil, and secure in the midst of doubt because I know He deeply loves me. He gave me Jesus. His Spirit of love is in my heart. (Romans 5:5, 8:39; 1 John 3:16, 4:19)

God knows me. (Romans 8:29; 2 Timothy 2:19)

I am taken care of. (John 6:37, Philippians 1:6, 4:19)

He is in control. Whatever touches me, has come through the hands of my Father. I am in His care and like Jesus said to Pilate I can say to all those who come against me-unless my Father gives you permission, you cannot hurt me.

And, I can have confidence in knowing that if my Father grants the evil one permission to come against me, he may mean it for evil, but God will use it for good.

If you have not yet accepted Christ as Savior, I am praying for you. God loves you (John 3:16) But your sin separates you from Him. (Romans 3:23, 6:23) But God, in love, made a provision for sinful man to reach the One and Only Holy God. (Romans 5:8) It is up to you to respond to the love of God. (Romans 10:9-10)

I pray that is also your testimony. I pray you have been rescued, ransomed, and redeemed by the blood of Jesus and born into the Kingdom of God. If you have, then you can join me in the blessed assurance that whatever comes our way there is no need to fear, stress, worry, or complain because our God is in control. 



© Joyce Powell
2017

No comments:

Post a Comment