Monday, June 13, 2016

Don’t Give Up!


“I am the LORD, the God
of all mankind Is anything
too hard for me?”
Jeremiah 32:27

Today, the Lord planted the words “Don’t Give Up” in my heart. I found a Scripture appropriate to the title and waited for inspiration. Nothing! I tried to write about areas in life where giving up may seem the best option. Nothing! I prayed and asked God to inspire me. Nothing!


Jesus Washing Peter's Feet



I got up from my desk and went to the laundry room to take clothes out of the dryer and throw them on the dining room table; my mind in deep contemplation as my body went through the necessary motions. I began to think about changing topics, but once again God spoke softly in my spirit, “Don’t Give Up.”

Finally, I got it! God was inspiring me by pushing me to the brink of giving up in order to get the message. “Don’t Give Up.” I wondered how many lost opportunities in life happened because I gave up right before success. How often did I see a situation as hopeless when God had a breakthrough waiting right around the corner? How many times did I assume the answer was no while God’s yes waited for my faithful perseverance?

I began to think about the characteristics of God, trying to remember if He had ever given up on me. He has not! He reminded me-



He is Able…..
He is Faithful…..
He is Merciful…..
He is God Who Sees…..
He is God Who Forgives…..
He is God My Exceeding Joy…..
He is God My Righteousness…..
He is The Lord My Redeemer…..
He is The Lord My Defense…..
He is The Lord Mighty in Battle…..

And He is the God Who NEVER GIVES UP! So the next time you are tempted to throw in the towel, hang it up, or weasel out, remember the One who gave all for you, and Don’t Give Up!


© Joyce Powell 

No comments:

Post a Comment