Saturday, May 16, 2015

Only One Way

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way,
the truth, and the life; no man
cometh unto the Father, but by me.
                               John 14:16 KJV

Today we are bombarded with messages of the many paths to God. It seems that new religions and churches pop up faster than corn kernels in hot oil. Some religions are passive and peaceful; some are hostile and murderous. Others lead people to their death as they focus on one man; the cult leader.
 
What is the truth about the way to God? Thomas asked Jesus that question in John 14:5, "Lord we know not whither thou goest; and how can we know the way"
 
Jesus responded, "I am the way, the truth, and the life; no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."
 
Jesus is the complete revelation of God; who He is and what He is like. To know Jesus is to know God. Jesus is the One and Only path to God. He is the reality of every promise of God. His life joins ours to the Father. To know Jesus is to know God!
 
While some see this fact as narrow minded and hateful, I am relieved and filled with joy to know that I do not have to search the world over and try every religion in order to find the path to God. I am relieved to know that religion is not the path to God. Belief in Jesus Christ as the One and Only begotten Son of God and inviting Him to be Savior and Lord of my life as I repent of my sin and obey His Word is the direct path to Jehovah God Almighty.
 
So today if you are searching for that one right path to God, if you are confused by all the alternatives the world offers, if you are seeking the truth, believe the words of Jesus Christ as he revealed the one and only way to God, "I am the way, the truth, and the life; no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." Only One Way!
 
© Joyce Powell
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment