Thursday, June 20, 2013

In The Morning



Ps 5:3 In the morning, O LORD, you hear
my voice, in the morning I lay my requests
before you and wait. 

Ps 59:16 In the morning I will sing of your love. 

Psalm 88:13 In the morning my prayer comes
before you. 

Psalm 90:14 Satisfy us in the morning with
your unfailing love. 

Lamentations 3:22-23 His compassions never
fail. They are new every morning. 

Ezekiel 12:8 In the morning the word of the
LORD came to me. 

Amos 4:4 Bring your sacrifices every morning. 

     I love the early morning hours when it is yet dark and the world still sleeps. Quiet and peacefulness prevail and the stresses of daily living do not enter there. I can let my mind wander around the universe and beyond and give uninterrupted praise to God for who He is and all He has done.

     Talking with my Father is easier in the morning; no ringing phones, cars passing by, or television sets blaring out the bad news of the night before. The world is quiet, and focusing on God alone seems the natural choice. After all, He made the morning. I see Him everywhere. As the stars twinkle in the black morning sky, as the first rays of pink touch the bottom of the clouds, as the starburst of the morning sun glimmers through the treetops, I know that my God reigns. It seems natural to praise Him; to thank Him.

     King David knew that as he spoke, “In the morning, I lay my requests before you and wait, I will sing of your love, and my prayer comes before you.” The prophet Jeremiah knew that for even in lamenting he said, “Your mercies are new every morning.”

     I am a morning person by nature, but I have a feeling that even if I were not I would want to seek God in the morning. Starting my day without Him seems irrational.  I would not get up and go through my morning routine never speaking to those in our home that I love. I would never have packed my children’s lunches and sent them off to school without saying, “I love you.” I would not send my husband off to work without that morning kiss, a hug of affection, and affirmation of my love for him. Would you? Probably not!

     Then why go through the morning routine and yet never speak with your Heavenly Father? Is He less important? Is He less loved? Do the things of life distract you from communing with Him? Only you can answer those questions for yourself. I had to ask them of myself, and answer honestly (after all God already knows the answer).

     If your early morning hours do not include a few moments with the Father, think about making God your priority—just a few minutes to say, “I love you, Lord” and thank Him for His compassionate mercy which is “new every morning”. Find a way, your way, to spend some morning time with Him. I promise you will be truly blessed.

     Talk with the Father today, and do not be surprised when your load feels lighter, your day seems brighter and you become anxious to meet with Him early in the morning!

 

©JP 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment