Monday, June 24, 2013

Abide in Me


Abide in me.
John 15:4  KJV       

        Sit and rest a spell. Stay with me a while. Spend the night. Come and live with me; familiar phrases. In John 15:4 (KJV) Jesus invites us to do the same thing; to rest, stay, tarry, and live in Him. It is worth noting that the word abide is a verb. To abide in Christ is not something that automatically happens. We must take action.

        The Greek word for abide in this verse is meno—to remain as one, not to become another or different. (Strongs Concordance) Therefore, Christ has invited us to abide in Him, not only with Him, in order that we may be like Him and not like anyone else.

        Psalm 91:1 says “He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.” (KJV) Do you dwell in the secret place? Are you under the covering of Almighty God? Is your hiding place in Him? If it is, you will be like Jesus.

        How do I abide in Christ? How do I abide under the shadow i.e. protection of Almighty God?

        While I was researching these word meanings on the internet, every time I clicked on the word secret, my computer froze and would not allow me to advance to the next screen. So, I had to revert to the book. That incident reminded me that the only way to abide in Christ, to dwell in the hiding place of God under the covering and protection of the Almighty is to use the book, His book, the Bible.

        God does not command us to do something that He does not make the way to do. Christ does not invite us to do something that is not possible. Therefore, it is possible to abide in Christ and to live in the safety and protection of Almighty God.

        If you want to know how, read the instruction book; the Word of God. Then accept the invitation of Christ to “Abide in Me”.

©JP 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment