Saturday, January 6, 2018

Glory to God in the Highest


Glory to God in the highest,
and on earth peace, good
will toward men.
Luke 2:14 KJV


This morning I am reminded of a night many years ago as our quartet practiced:

"How could I boast of anything I've ever seen or done?
How could I dare to claim as mine the victories God has won?
Where would I be had God not brought me gently to this place?
I'm here to say I'm nothing but a sinner saved by grace."

Tears fell like a babbling brook after a spring rain as my mind flashed to the 400 years of God's silence from Malachi to Matthew. The Jewish people awaited the promised Messiah. They heard nothing. Finally, God spoke; first through an angel announcing to Mary the coming of the long-awaited Messiah and then to the shepherds, "today the Christ is born."

Not only did God once again speak to his people, but He spoke through the Living Word, Emmanuel, God With Us, Christ in us the hope of glory. And, I wondered where would we be had God continued to be silent. We have had, through history, the opportunity to see the darkness when God does not speak and now we see the Light of the World in Jesus.

Anything good in my life, anything well done or prosperous, and anything that glorifies the Father comes because God gently brought His amazing grace to the world for me. The same is true for you sweet friend. We are all the same in God's eyes- sinner walking in darkness or sinner saved by grace walking in the Light. The Light is available to all.

Today I simply give Him glory for great things He has done.


© Joyce Powell

No comments:

Post a Comment