Wednesday, July 2, 2014

God's Grace is Divine Comfort


When I called, you answered me;
you made me bold and stouthearted.
                    Psalm 138:3 NIV  

     On winter evenings, I find comfort wrapped in a warm blanket given to me by a precious friend. It is light weight, soft and quickly warms me on cold winter nights.

     God’s divine comfort is much like that blanket. He wraps it around me in the midst of heartache and trials, a busy day or an exhausting schedule. When life throws adversity my way, divine comfort comes as I remember that God works out His plans for my life and will bring me through the difficulties I face.

     I am encouraged when I remember in the midst of a broken heart or wounded spirit God’s divine comfort heals our brokenness and binds our wounds. The LORD is good. He is our refuge in time of trouble as He cares for those who trust in Him. (Nahum 1:7 NIV) When we mourn, He is our comfort. When we are weary and burdened, He is our rest. When we are faint of heart, He is our courage. When we do not know what to do or which way to turn, He is our Counselor.

     When turmoil rushes in to ruin our day, He is our peace. When we are weak, He is strong. When we make mistakes, He is our sufficient grace. When we need energy to take the next step, He is our strength to put one foot in front of the other. When we think we cannot accomplish the task He places before us, He is our power to achieve.

     God is Truth so He cannot lie. Therefore, we are secure in His promises—anchored in God through Jesus Christ. And, because He cares for us, we can cast all our care on Him. (1 Peter 5:7 NIV)

     Remembering the bountiful, generous, plentiful, abundant, lavish, luxurious grace of the LORD God Jehovah brings divine comfort. Today, as you face the struggles the world will throw your way, I pray you take the time to stop and feel the soft warm comfort of our Holy God lovingly wrapped around you. 

© Joyce Powell
Repost

No comments:

Post a Comment