Tuesday, March 18, 2014

God Satisfies My Soul


O God, you are my God,
earnestly I seek you,
my soul thirsts for you,
my body longs for you
in a dry and weary land
where there is no water. 

I have seen you in the sanctuary
and beheld your power and your glory.
Because your love is better than life,
my lips will glorify you.
I will praise you as long as I live,
and in your name I will lift up my hands.
My soul will be satisfied as with the richest of foods,
with singing lips my mouth will praise you.

On my bed I remember you;
I think of you through the watches of the night.
Because you are my help,
I sing in the shadow of your wings.
My soul clings to you;
your right hand upholds me.
                                Psalm 63:1-8 NIV 

     In this technologically advanced information age in which we live, change happens faster than our minds can comprehend. Every day brings new revelations about things that will kill us: char-broiled hamburgers, eggs, too much fat, not enough protein, cigarettes, pollution, atomic fallout, stress…

     If we are not careful, this overload of information will cause anxiety, fear and depression. Simply put, life will get you down! But God has given us a cure for all the anxieties of life. He has given us Himself!

     Our God who numbered the stars and called them by name, who spoke and the oceans stayed within their boundaries, who implanted GPS in the monarch butterflies and migrating birds, who dug out and painted the Grand Canyon and chose the orange for the setting sun and the blue for the morning sky—Our God has given us Himself to satisfy our souls.

When my soul is thirsty, He is my fresh drink of water.
When my body aches, He soothes my aching bones.
When my heart is broken, He heals the open wound.
When my strength is gone, He becomes my strength.
When my hope is lost, He comes and renews my hope.
When my life is filled with sorrow, He becomes my joy.

     If life is getting you down, sing to the LORD! Praise Him! Behold His power and glory! Remember that His love is better than life! Think of Him through the watches of the night! Sing in the shadow of His wings, and cling to Him. Call out to God! He will come and satisfy your soul.
 
© Joyce Powell    

No comments:

Post a Comment