Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Lord Help Me, I’ve Misplaced Myself!

"I long to dwell in your tent forever and                              
take refuge in the shelter of your wings.” 
                                     Ps 61:4 (NIV)

“I am still confident of this: I will see the
goodness of the LORD in the land of the
living.”                           Ps 27:13 (NIV)
 

Lord, help me. I’ve misplaced myself
I don’t know where to look
I don’t know how it happened
I just know that now I’m stuck
Between the woman that I was
And who I want to be
Somewhere, Lord, I got off track
Lord, please help me find ME. 

Lord, help me. I’ve misplaced myself
We used to be so near
Our morning talks together
Was the thing I held most dear
Somehow we’ve drifted far apart
I know it’s not your fault
I guess I let the world rush in
And steal our morning talks 

Lord, help me. I’ve misplaced myself
I cannot carry on
Another day living this way
I cannot face the dawn
I need you, Lord. I love you.
So today must be the day
I find myself in you alone
I’ll walk no other way 

Lord, help me. I’ve misplaced myself
Oh there I am. I see
I wasn’t really that misplaced
You knew where I would be
For I have always been tucked in
Right there beneath your wings
Where love abounds and mercy flows
And grace makes my heart sing 

Lord, thank you. When I feel misplaced
I find myself in you
When friends forsake, when troubles come
And I don’t know what to do
I pull back the royal covering
And peek out from your safe place
I raise my head toward heaven
And I see your smiling face


© JPowell

No comments:

Post a Comment